Diesel Mechanic - Laurel Highlands School District
Company: First Student
Posted on: September 15, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Laurel Highlands School District!
First things---First: Who are we?--- - -
Twice the size of our next largest competitor,---First Student---is
the leading school transportation solutions provider in North
America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving
more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of
highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record,
First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $23 - $25 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 4:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
About the Diesel Mechanic Position
As -a Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain
and repair 2016 thru 2022 - Freightliner Thomas school buses to
ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.
Diesel Technician Qualifications
- Valid CDL B is required at the time of hire. -
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason.
Get your career on the road with First -Student! - -
-We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. - -
Keywords: First Student, Penn Hills , Diesel Mechanic - Laurel Highlands School District, Other , Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!