Hourly Team Member - Deli
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job SummaryOur Sales Clerks are responsible for help ensuring
our guests needs are met. Our Sales Clerks are assigned to a
primary area, but, in addition to your primary area, you will also
be fully trained and able to assist customers in other all areas of
the store including, but not limited to, the prepared foods and
meat departments. To thrive in this position, you should be a team
player. You know that you are only successful when those around you
are set up for success, and you are eager to support an amazing
team. Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in the related field; Food
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 16 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to
delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion
for food with Team Members and guests.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to
ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Stock cases by taking product from delivery area and placing
product in proper location on shelf.
- Service guests by answering questions promptly and with a
- Order product as needed by scanning appropriate shelf tag or
punching in numbers on order machine.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Add new items to shelves by moving existing items and
displaying products appropriately and in adherence to safety
standards. About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., were more than just food,
fuel and convenience. Were one giant family of diverse and talented
Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. Its
why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers
countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid
family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs
in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis
Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGos, our grocery Stores
through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put
food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. Were always
searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We
invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting
career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Penn Hills , Hourly Team Member - Deli, Hospitality & Tourism , Indiana, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!